Saturday, December 8, 2012

San Feng Academy & other pics

Quite a lot has happened since I last posted. Sifu Bing has gone to his American Tour (more about it in here), in the meantime I’m staying at Grandmaster Zhong’s school at the San Feng Academy. I’m very happy for this opportunity, getting to see two different (and then again quite similar) ways of teaching and learning. Just like in the world of tarot, each teacher has his own way of passing on the knowledge and showing how it’s done. Getting to see & experience more than one way is definitely a richness.

Regards to my training, I’ve now finished the TaiYi Wuxing form, and – rather foolishly, I might add – taken up to learn the Zi Wu Spear form. Like I posted on Facebook, when I told coach Xia I’d like to learn this form his expression “went from acute panic and terror to depression and exhaustion, onwards to numbness and finally to amusement, all in 3 seconds”. The spear form is usually among the last forms to be learned, as it is very difficult to master. But I couldn’t help it, I knew if I had chosen another form it would’ve been constantly at the back of my mind demanding attention. So we’ll see how it goes..

Ok, here are them pics.

kungfu kids learning one of the sword forms at the San Feng Academy

evening class with coach Liu

one of my classmates playing Guqin

coach Xia showing how it's done and me showing the, erm, alternative version..

taoist ceremony at the renovated YuXu Palace

inside the YuXu Palace temple

weiqi (Go) players

taiji is a door to..







1 comment:

  1. Due to constant problems with this site all future posts will appear at www.tarokki.fi/tarotpuu

    ReplyDelete